Wednesday 23 February 2011

Letters from the Lake District: Welcome

WELCOME to the start of a new blog about life in the Lake District. I live in Whitehaven which, while in Cumbria, is outside the Lake District National Park but the Lakes are just 20 minutes away and I could never afford that chocolate-box cottage in the Lakes! I'm a freelance journalist working primarily at the moment for The Independent. I have a particular interest in folklore and legends in Cumbria. My partner Lesley and I go walking as much as possible which allows me to pursue one of my other interests: photography. That's one of my pictures on the left with Lesley trying to find out where she is on the map! (It's Eskdale love!). I may not post every day but I'll try to keep the gossip going and share with other people any events and news from this most beautiful part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.